Saturday, August 20, 2011

Time has really been flying by

I can't believe how fast the time is going by. Less than 5 weeks left in the challenge. So far this has been a great opportunity and a jump start to a better life. I still really struggle with getting fruit and vegetables into my diet. Every day when I log my food I only have one fruit and maybe one vegetable. Other than that, I have stayed away from the food that put on all the weight. When they call it a challenge, it is a challenge. I feel so much better now and I am walking places a lot more than driving. I used to drive my van from the North West plaza to the building just east, the UVOC, to the sports med clinic to work on computers. Now I walk and I have more energy to get out of my chair and do my job. I feel good.
It is still a fight some days to resist what it seems like everyone else is eating. I hope I don't offend anyone, but I have found that I have to turn to God for help to resist and to eat right. I turn to him more in times when I am depressed and stressed out when I usually turn to food. That is what helps me go on.

No comments:

Post a Comment