Saturday, August 6, 2011

We are now over the hump in the challenge

It was really good to see so many members of the heart challenge at the gym yesterday. I had one of the best weight workouts that I have had. I went up 5 to 10 pounds on almost every exercise. It felt really good to get such a good workout. At the half way point I have lost 20 pounds and I already feel like a different person. I am finding that y colleagues at work are aware and don't really even offer the junk food to me anymore. I am even seeing others that are inspired by what I am doing and are trying to eat better themselves.
It is not only the weight loss; it is my pocket book that is doing better on the challenge. I was spending up to $3 a day on a 44oz soda and a chocolate doughnut. For lunches I was spending sometimes $11 for a burger fries and a drink at Five Guys. I am even finding that I am enjoying healthy food that I normally would not even eat. I still struggle with getting enough fruit in a day. I mostly just forget to eat it. Overall things are going well and I am enjoying time with my children that I didn't enjoy before; because I was so obsessed about getting to the gym. With that, I will take another 24.

No comments:

Post a Comment