Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A pleasant surprise

I had a very pleasant surprise on Saturday. I decided that I had not been on a bike ride up Santaquin canyon for a long time. I got on my bike and headed up the canyon and at the point where I am usually almost completely dead; this time I was feeling really good. I passed that point even in a higher gear and decided to keep going and went farther than I had ever gone before. I ended up going over 3 miles up the canyon and it is a pretty steep road. I have been thinking all of this time, that I had not been progressing on the bike. It was an awesome feeling and I am really excited. I ended up going up again on Monday and going a little farther again. It is just an awesome feeling to be 30 pounds lighter and I feel like I can move like a kid again.
It is great to see the other participants at the gym and to see and hear how they are progressing. I can't believe that we are now almost down to 2 weeks left. I look forward to seeing the numbers at the end and see more than what the scale has been telling me.

No comments:

Post a Comment