Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Probably my last post

I have to say that this challenge has been one of the greatest things that has happened to me in a long time. My health has made a 360 degree turn around. Three months ago, I could hardly walk up and down the stairs in my house. Last Saturday night I went outside and ran 5 miles and I wasn't completely tired out yet. It felt really good. The only problem was being able to walk for the next couple of days. I can't believe that all of the exercise that I have done on the bicycle and the eliptical; didn't really prepare my legs for this. I love it when my muscles are sore. I really feel like I have accomplished something. I was really disappointed that I didn't lose any weight last week. I am excited to see thee rest of my numbers. So far I have lost 35 pounds. I hope I can maintain that until Friday.
I am going to miss having a trainer to meet with a couple of times a week. That has really helped me to get my but out of bed in the morning. My wife likes to run, so maybe this is something we could start doing together. In the past I have always had a bad attitude about running. These last few months have changed my perspective.
I just can't believe that I let myself get as heavy as I did. I have always enjoyed exercising, especially, I have been a heavy weight lifter. I just let the food get the best of me. I am thankful for the nutrition class that has taught me more about what I should be eating and how much.
I could continue all day about how good I feel. I hope that I can keep up this attitude.
I wish all of the participants good luck for their future and it has been great getting to know all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment