Monday, July 18, 2011

It has been an up and down week

I was excited to find after a hard week of exercise and turning down my favorite foods; I lost three pounds. I have lost 16 pounds so far in since I started the challenge.
I really learned a lot from the nutrition class last week. I found that Mindy explained my rollercoaster life of weight loss and weight gain. This time I want to make the change permanant and that is going to require a change from the inside instead of just changing the outside. I have never worked on the underlying problem with my weight. The intuitive eating information, I believe, will be very helpful in making this change. I plan on getting the book.
I liked the document that Mindy gave us about those that are concerned about their weight and those that are compulsive. I find that I am at the compulsive end for the most part. I am going to try this week to stop getting on the scale several times a day and just relax and check my weight at the end of the week.
One thing that can be very challenging, is going out to eat with the family. On friday, I went out with the family to grab a bite to eat, and I think I spent 20 minutes looking at the nutrition information for the resteraunt. I have an iPhone app that has most reseraunts and there nutrion. Nothing, at most of the places, is healthy. I just had to grab the better of all of the evils.
I think my kids think there is something wrong with Dad. He has never eaten like this before.
It is great and I want this to pass on to my children, so we can all be healthier.

No comments:

Post a Comment